The next edition of the International Birdwatching Fair of Comacchio (Ferrara – Italy) will be from April, 28th to May, 1st 2018!
An unmissable event for all birdwatchers, nature photographers and lovers of slow and nature tourism, ecotourism and green tourism
WHEN: 28th April – 1st May 2018
WHERE: Exhibition grounds of Argine Fattibello, Comacchio (Fe – Italy) in the Po Delta Park of the Region Emilia Romagna
The high-level exhibition area is targeted at the sectors of optics, photography,birdwatching and nature photography equipment, biodiversity, slow tourism, specialized booksellers and magazines, sport clothing, environmental education, tour operators, Italian and foreign parks and reserves, associations, institutions, Municipalities, Provinces and Regions, with the 2018 news dedicated to biodiversity and MAB Unesco reserves – Man and Biosphere with the aim to involve UNESCO MAB areas in the exhibition part of the Fair.
Why should you choose the International Birdwatching Fair
The International Fair of Birdwatching and Nature Tourism is the only specialised and professional event of this kind in Italy.
The international birdwatching and slow tourism fair is the only professional and higly specialized event in Italy fully dedicated to the nature photography and to the environmental tourism, and the second in Europe after the Britisch Birdwatching Fair.
During the fair it will be possible to test directly on the field the last photographic products, on a very important birding area such as Fattibello lagoon.
In this way is possible to involve a large audience in discovering the new photographic tecniques, practising birdwatching with the best tools and experiencing emotions connected to the environmental tourism.
Do you want to exhibit? Fill out these forms:
NEWS 2018 – MAN AND BIODIVERSITY
Thanks to the recognition which Po Delta obtained in 2016 by UNESCO as a Biosphere Reserve – MAB UNESCO, the Birdwatching and Naturalistic Tourism Fair intends to make ACCESSIBLE TO ALL THE CONCEPTS THAT ARE CONTAINED IN THE TERMS OF BIODIVERSITY AND SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH A ROUTE WHICH CONNECTS WHO PRODUCES, WHO CONSUMES AND WHO ENJOYS BOTH INSIDE THE BIRDWATCHING FAIR AND EXPLORING THE PO DELTA PARK
EXHIBITION PAVILIONS are dedicated to four segments of Biodiversity and Sustainable Tourism in naturalistic areas: Optics and Photography, Slow Tourism, Environment and Nature, Man and Nature Space.
1- OPTICS AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Birdwatching and Biodiversity:
– An exhibition pavilion entirely dedicated to the observation of birds where associations, companies and institutions meet people to make known how in everyday life you can apply the “biodiversity” in respect of nature and themselves;
– Birdgardening is the most concrete way for everyone to bring the youngest to the protection of nature and avifauna, starting from their own homes: workshops at the fair and practical activities for adults and children will teach how to create “bird houses”
– A pavilion entirely dedicated to professional photography characterized by the high specialization and quality of the instruments represented at the fair by the leading companies in the sector to create and improve the culture of quality photography;
– Photographic excursions to the most interesting sites of Po Delta Park;
– Photography exhibitions in collaboration with magazines and associations;
– Practical demonstrations of various photographic techniques in collaboration with specialized companies and the best brands of photography, associations and trade magazines.
2- SLOW TOURISM
– The values of sustainable tourism presented by the best slow tourism destinations in Italy and in the world, with operators, organizations and associations that will be present with their travel proposals. Ample space dedicated to the SLOW TOURISM with tourism proposals for cycling, river tourism, birdwatching, naturalistic tourism and sports tourism and an entire pavilion dedicated to ecotourism in the Parks;
– Food and Wine: workshops organized in collaboration with SLOWFOOD to discover the excellence of Delta’s productions and the typical slow Italian products;
– The 2018 edition will host Tour Operators and Agencies offering Travel in Nature, Outdoor, Birdwatching at an international level, and tourism entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to let know their holiday offers.
3- ENVIRONMENT AND NATURE
– Space dedicated to Italian and foreign MAB – Man and Biosphere UNESCO areas, Associations, Institutions and Parks that stand out for their commitment to supporting the values of biodiversity and sustainable tourism
4- MAN AND NATURE SPACE
– After the MAB UNESCO FORUM held in September 2017 that involved young people from all over the world, ample space will be dedicated to events and initiatives with the aim to promote the values of sustainable development: SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCES AND TALK SHOWS WILL INVOLVE EXPERTS, STUDENTS, ARTISTS OF THE WORLD OF MUSIC AND THE SHOW TO TELL BIODIVERSITY THROUGH STORYTELLING AND MUSIC VIDEOCLIPS TURNED IN THE PLACES IN THE NAME OF SUSTAINABILITY
Why should you visit the Fair
The Fair is the only specialised and professional Country event where you can meet the companies of the sector, try the equipment on the field and discover all the offers of international nature-tourism destinations, while discovering the Po Delta Park of the Region Emilia Romagna an its unique environmental heritage, choosing from a wide range of walking, cycling and boat tours ,as well as the numerous initiatives related to the exhibition
Many initiatives are organised during the Fair: walking tours, boat tours, cycling tours, horseback riding tours in the beautiful sites of the Po Delta Park; educational workshops for families with children; wine and food tasting; photography exhibitions; conferences; sport events and much, much more